The Child & Youth Care Certification Board provides an assessment process and certification to child and youth care practitioners who demonstrate their commitment to high standards of care and commitment to ongoing professional development.
Certification is awarded to candidates who successfully demonstrate their professional practice through:
- Minimum requirements of education, experience & training
- Passing score on a situational judgement exam
- Provision of colleague references & supervisor assessment
- Membership in a professional association
- Agreement to abide by ethical practice
- Completion of a written portfolio
View the certification process for full description of requirements.