The Child & Youth Care Certification Board awards professional certification to individuals who demonstrate their commitment to professional practice and high standards in the child & youth care field.
Certification is awarded to candidates who successfully demonstrate their professional practice through:
- Minimum requirements of education, experience & training
- Passing score on a situational judgement exam
- Provision of colleague references & supervisor assessment
- Membership in a professional association
- Agreement to abide by ethical practice
- Completion of a written portfolio
View the application (288 kb pdf) for full description of requirements.